2023 Lenten Study
February 22 - April 8
2023 Lenten Study
6-week study, beginning February 22
LOPC welcomes all into a Lenten small group this Holy Season as we join as a church in studying Forgiveness, A Lenten Study by Marjorie J. Thompson. This is a 6-week study beginning February 22 that is a great way to go deeper with your faith and also community here at the church. The pastors’ sermons throughout Lent will be tied to this study and participation in a small group will help you go deeper with the sermons and the book.
About the book: Forgiving others and humbly asking for forgiveness are central disciplines for all Christian believers. Lent, a time to reflect on our Christian journey, is an appropriate time to deepen our understanding and practice of forgiveness. In this book, Marjorie takes a close look at our understanding of forgiveness in this encouraging study by using biblical and real-life examples. With clarity, insight, and sensitivity, this book is the perfect resource for examining both our ability to forgive and our own need for forgiveness.
Class participants are asked to purchase their own book, which you can find at Amazon, PCUSA store, or other local retailers.
Our small group offerings for this study are:
- Men’s Group (30-50s) with Pastor Chris Baldwin & Jonathan Nolen – Mondays at 6:30 pm beginning 2/27 (in person)
- Mixed Group with Heather Logan – Tuesdays at 6:30 pm beginning 2/28 (in person)
- New to LOPC – Mixed Group with Tom Scovel – Wednesdays at 6:30 pm beginning 2/22 (off-site and in person)
- Women’s Group with Sharon Bartlett – Wednesdays at 6:30 pm beginning 2/22 (in person and Zoom)
- Mixed Group with Darlene James – Thursdays at 9:00 am beginning 2/23 (in person)
- Women’s Group with Sue Nagle – Thursdays at 9:30 am beginning 2/23 (in person)
- Men’s Group (50s+) with Pastor Peter Whitelock – Saturdays at 8:00 am beginning 2/25 (in person)
If you have any questions, please contact Michelle Browning.Register Here